This course aims to simplify and demonstrate the many new channels of marketing, advertising and communication that make up the social media space.
Attendees will learn about online social networks, RSS and APIs, tags and folksonomies, consumer generated content, blogs, podcasts and wikis – and more importantly, how organisations can embrace and benefit from these concepts, technologies and marketing channels for optimal results.
Publishers: come to Effective Social Media for Publishers at the Publishing Training Centre
- Understanding social media
- How have other organisations dealt with the new channels?
- Community building and user interaction
- The power of APIs and RSS: mashups, syndication and feeds.
- Corporate blogging: Why have a blog? Four ways to use blogs, getting started, what content works? CEO blogging, author and expert blogging, ethics.
- Podcasting: Getting started, Podcasting tips, 10 tips to prevent ‘podfading’, Podcasting as a marketing tool.
- Shared authorship and Wikis
- Operational issues: Legal issues, copyright, ensuring trust in user-generated content, the threat from external players, accessibility.
- Future trends.
In-house and one-to-one
This is an in-company course.
The course can be tailored to meet your needs, and can vary in duration and content depending on your requirements. It could be combined with elements of any of my other courses.
Contact me for a jargon-free chat about this training course.