This course will equip you with the knowledge, hands-on experience and confidence needed to run your blog.
What are your objectives?
How people read on screens
- how this affects your blog writing structure and style
- how this affects your blog layout.
- What is blog engagement?
- User needs and tasks
- Headings and summaries
- Blog formats
Calls to action
- Writing with purpose and visitor action in mind
- Writing calls to action.
- Social media and sharing
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) and Google News
- Guest posts
- Tagging and categorizing posts
- RSS and Email
Must-have content and features
- contact us
- about us
- copyright and legal
- internal search
Case study: Blogging with WordPress
- why WordPress?
- WordPress.org vs WordPress.com
- hands-on with WordPress
- blogger, Tumblr and Medium
Blog content strategy and governance
- tackling burnout
- editorial calendars
- analytics: KPIs for blogs.
In-house and one-to-one
This is an in-company and one-to-one course.
The course can be tailored to meet your needs, and can vary in duration and content depending on your requirements. It could be combined with elements of any of my other courses.
Contact me for a jargon-free chat about this training course.