Take charge of planning content creation, delivery and governance so that your website content can deliver real value for your organisation and meaningful experiences for your website visitors.
Whether you are re-launching, starting from scratch or wrestling with an unruly site, this course is a foundation for you to develop your content strategy and integrate it effectively within your organisation
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- prioritise and plan content to fulfill your organisation’s goals
- use and reuse content efficiently
- delegate content creation with confidence
- prevent your website from becoming chaotic and confusing
- develop tools to help you assess, create, publish, and direct content
What is content strategy?
- what it is and what it is not
- why it is important
- what could happen if you don’t have a content strategy
- thinking of yourself as a publisher.
Content strategy processes and tools
- discovery: business goals, inventories, audits, metrics, gap analysis, competitors, audience, personas and task analysis
- strategy: content specification, brand, messaging, search, findability, site maps and page templates, documenting content and style guides
- designing workflow
- how content happens and who is responsible
- editorial calendars
- writing content
- how a CMS can help your content strategy succeed
- interoperability and ‘nimble content’
- SEO and social media.
Caring for your content
- the content lifecycle
- measuring effectiveness
- organisational buy-in and content governance.
Who will benefit from this course?
Anyone who produces or manages online content including writers, editors, web managers, marketers, and PR and media professionals.
The emphasis of the course is on writing and developing content to meet the needs of your website readers and persuading your users to buy your products or take some other action you want them to take. Your delegates will receive full notes to accompany each session.
In-house, one-to-one, or through PTC, London
You can join a public course via the Publishing Training Centre (PTC) in London. The course is run three times a year.
I also offer this as an in-house course. Previous clients include The EU, English Partnerships, IDeA, the EPSRC, Reed Educational and Professional Publishing, Shelter, Amnesty International, Folens and The Open University.
Plus you can have it as a one-to-one course.
The course can be tailored to meet your needs, and can vary in duration and content depending on your requirements. It could be combined with elements of Writing and editing for the web, Introduction to social media or Search engine optimisation.
Go to the PTC website to book your place on the next public Web content strategy course.
Contact me for a jargon-free chat about this training course.